Hegde funds are increasingly being attracted to Jersey by the introduction earlier this year of the 'expert fund' regulatory category, according to lawyers Ogier & Le Masurier.
Nick Kershaw, a partner with the firm's Jersey operations, says Jersey used to be known as a retail fund centre, but many of the retail products have moved to Dublin and Luxembourg to take advantage of the Ucits legislation.
Partners with Ogier & Le Masurier believe the Channel Islands, while fairly new entrants to the
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data