Hedge funds first started using Ucits wrappers around their funds so institutional investors otherwise blocked from investing in offshore funds could find a legitimate route to access returns. Although Ucits are mainly used for retail funds that hold transferable securities such as equity and bonds where the potential loss is limited to the amount paid for them, Ucits hedge funds are a different beast.
The speed of the hedge fund – and funds of hedge funds – take-up of the wrapper caught most by
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab