Contrary to popular opinion, hedge funds are not suitable solely for risk-hungry investors seeking excessive capital gains.
For sure, many hedge funds use a lot of borrowed money to juice up their investments, but others use little or no leverage and may pursue conservative strategies aimed at low volatility.
In particular, a fund of hedge funds can be a low-risk investment by offering diversification into many different strategies and expert selection of the best hedge funds.
Aversion to the perc
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data