• Online broker myBroker is offering dealing clients live futures and options price feeds from LIFFE free of charge, saving them more than £20 per month. Up until now, myBroker clients were able to receive delayed feeds free of charge but paid £15 a month to LIFFE for live data. myBroker now features four exchange feeds offered free to dealing clients; the London Stock Exchange (including AIM), New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and LIFFE.
• Alpha Investment Management, a full-service provider of hedge fund investments, has appointed Thomas Sandlow as strategy head for relative value managers and Owen Brolly as research analyst for European and Asian hedge fund managers. Sandlow will be responsible for researching and monitoring relative value managers worldwide and will be based in Alpha's NY office, while Brolly has been appointed to research European and Asian hedge fund managers, and will be based in the company's UK office in London.
• Nordic Financial Systems (NFS), the provider of technical and business integration services to the treasury industry, has announced an agreement with SEB Merchant Banking to further develop SEB treasury solutions for clients worldwide. The arrangement will allow clients of SEB, one of the leading corporate banks in Scandinavia, to explore new possibilities using SEB's technical solutions.
• Barry Williams has joined CityIQ as a senior consultant in the process automation division, with specific responsibility for developing the firm's existing FIX and electronic trading practice. He joins CityIQ after five years with Goldman Sachs, where he was a senior member of the team responsible for Equities eCommerce and client connectivity.
• Hedge funds produced a positive return of 0.91% in October, according to the Hennessee Hedge Fund Index, part of the Hennessee Hedge Fund Advisory Group, a global hedge fund investment consulting firm that advises individuals and institutions on more than $1bn in assets. Though hedge funds were slightly up for the month, their performance was outpaced by the broad markets as the S&P 500 Index gained 8.84%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 10.60% and the Nasdaq Composite Index increased 13.45%.
• Tremont TASS has hired Catherine Evans as associate director. In this new position, she will focus on marketing Tremont's advisory and consulting services to European institutional investors, including pension funds, endowments, consultants and financial institutions. Evans, formerly with Picter Aset Management in London, will report to Tremont managing director Rupert Allan.
The week on Risk.net, March 10-16 2018Receive this by email