John Langan at Withers in London is confident of the continued necessity of offshore legal practices for “as long as offshore jurisdictions remain major players in the funds industry”.
“However, for as long as there are significant concentrations of managers and investors in particular onshore jurisdictions, for example the US and UK, it seems likely that offshore and onshore firms will continue to work actively and extensively together, particularly where onshore tax and regulatory expertise is
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules