Having the backing of at least one strong and committed prime broker is crucial to the success of a hedge fund business. For hedge fund managers that overlooked the significance of having the right counterparties on board, the Lehman bankruptcy and its aftermath provided a sharp reminder of the importance of the prime broker relationship.
Following the panic and confusion of the financial crisis, hedge funds are investing real time and energy into prime broker selection and putting an emphasis on
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules