Europe still offers good value, says Axel Botte, strategist at Axa Investment managers. At 30 September, the risk premium on the European equity market was 7.1%, the monthly rise just 2bps.
The valuation gap between the major European markets widened in September. The British risk premium was 6.93%, 4bps more than the French market. The German market was slightly more expensive (RP: 6.66%).
Over the last month, the UK risk premium has risen by 8bps, versus 5bps on the French market and a decli
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data