There is no quicker way to make lots of money than starting a hedge fund, right? Wrong.
Hedge funds may not be worth as much as you think. The evidence from the two listed hedge fund operators in London - including Man Group Plc and Rab Capital Plc - is that even though such investments are good ways to boost income, they aren't generating great returns for the managers. You might be better off going into, say, plumbing supplies, or internet poker, both of which may have better growth prospec
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data