Overview of Cayman Islands: There is no doubt the global financial crisis and the push for tighter and more onshore regulation of hedge funds will change the industry forever. Cayman’s role in this is unclear but the government, regulator and industry are confident they have the skills and will to keep the jurisdiction as the number one domicile.
Legal services: The unprecedented number of funds in distress has called for innovation and quick thinking from the legal profession as a proliferation
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules