European leaders, eager to be absolved of responsibility for last summer's crisis, laid blame on the seemingly detrimental role played by hedge funds. France and its president were quick to cast funds in their usual role as scapegoat. Coming from a country with a social and political tradition of blaming its woes on the market, on demands from abroad and on international finance, this condemnation reverberated widely.
Not only is criticism of hedge funds groundless but it helps to hide the true c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data