Convertible arbitrage has been one of the most popular sectors in the year to date. The buying of convertible assets, such as convertible bonds or preferred shares and shorting the underlying share as a hedge is believed to be one of the most cyclical sectors within the hedge fund industry, according to a recent TASS Research report.
The reprot notes: "Unlike other arbitrage strategies, convertible arbitrageurs succeed in part when the spreads between the convertibles and the underlying sto
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data