Internal conflict over how Lazard's alternative fund business fits with the firm's long-only operations and remuneration issues has caused at least seven senior staff to depart the firm since Christmas.
The departure in early February of Lazard's managing director Rupert Tyer, was preceded by the departure of six high profile managers of the firm's long/short portfolios.
William von Mueffling, manager of Lazard's $1.2bn European Opportunities and $800m Worldwide Opportunities, left the group in J
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data