At present there are only a handful of established funds of Ucits hedge funds (FoUHF), although the first months of 2010 have seen the launch of several more. Whether this is a sign there is real appetite for FoUHFs or an attempt to jump on the regulated fund bandwagon remains to be seen.
There are now estimated to be around 600 single-manager Ucits-compliant hedge funds with over $200 billion in assets under management (AUM). This is a tiny universe for FoUHFs to draw from compared to the over 1
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules