Hedge fund managers form what has been called a "Faustian pact" with their prime brokers on whom they rely for all their securities lending and back office needs and increasingly some front office functions too. Choosing a prime broker who is really "prime" is a big decision and one that is rarely reversed during one fund manager's commercial lifespan. But on what basis should a hedge fund manager pick their prime brokers?
From the prime broker's point of view, the starting board for the dec
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data