DFD Select is set to launch a fund of hedge funds that concentrates on emerging managers on 15 October.
The Condor Fund, managed by Jeff Barr and David Martin, will invest up to 25% of assets in managers with short track records in order to capitalise on entering good hedge funds early, when the capital managed is small.
Funds with large assets under management can miss opportunities because they find it difficult to invest in small-cap companies, according to David Tucker, president of DFD Select
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab