There are plenty of mixed signals around for managers of fixed-income hedge funds. With the US economy on the edge of a precipice, many are looking for further quick, sharp interest rate cuts from the Federal Reserve's FOMC committee. These cuts are expected in addition to the 100 basis point cuts the FOMC has already sanctioned in 2001.
But there are plenty of managers and economists who are worried that the monetary policy makers will have their hands tied by the recent rise in both consume
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules