London-based private bank EFG, has launched a gold hedge fund to exploit the falling dollar and rising bullion price.
Manager David Tice believes the dollar remains overvalued and will continue declining relative to the gold price, resulting in a strong gold market until at least 2008.
The fund will be long-biased with maximum short-side exposure of 40%.
Tice will seek under-researched and under-valued stocks for longs, and over-valued, excessively promoted shares with flawed fundamentals for sho
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data