As hoped for, many hedge funds have bounced back, albeit in a smaller and less boisterous form. The possibility of more casualties of the financial crisis is high as a minority may find meeting increased transparency and operational risk measures too costly.
Nevertheless, there are a few reasons to pop the cork for a muted celebration in the summer sun. First is the Hedge Funds Review European Performance Awards 2009. This showed the industry is far from dead and still knows how to celebrate its
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data