Apart from the relationship with investors, a hedge fund manager's relationship with the fund's prime broker is perhaps the most crucial factor of the portfolio's well being.
The importance to a hedge fund business of healthy dealings with a prime broker exists not only at the level of borrowing stock or other instruments to build a short book to withstand or profit from market shocks.
This use of stock loan is the main reason a hedge fund may need a prime broker and it is worth asking all pri
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules