Considering setting yourself up as a hedge fund manager? There are various lures prompting this thought: the joy of being one's own boss, the excitement of establishing a business, the perceived 'sexiness' of alternative investments and, most importantly, the anticipation of a significant income boost arising from the management and performance fees that hedge funds levy.
From a practical consideration, however, there are several issues that can slow up, or even nullify, this move.
The need to wor
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data