The UK Government has indicated it will remove the controversial taxation proposals in its overhaul of the offshore funds regime, which were expected to negatively affect hedge funds.
Earlier this year, the Inland Revenue proposed to implement taxation changes in the offshore funds market.
The proposals for mark- to-market taxation caused concern as it would have seen UK investors in hedge funds paying income tax on an annual basis, rather than allowing them to defer tax payments.
In a further c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab