A new law introducing Specialised Investment Funds (SIF), offering increased flexibility to funds operating in the domicile of Luxembourg, is expected to come into effect by the end of February, the time when the law it is designed to replace expires.
Claude Niedner, partner at law firm Arendt & Medernach and chairman of the hedge fund working group of the Luxembourg Investment Funds Association (ALFI), believes the changes will play a role in promoting Luxembourg as a hedge fund jurisdiction
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence