While the sovereign debt crisis in Europe has dominated headlines and European Union meeting agendas, Malta has quietly continued to build on its reputation as a reputable and growing hedge fund jurisdiction.
Despite the sovereign crisis in Europe, the financial services sector in Malta will bring in double-digit growth of over 30% in 2011. This puts the industry firmly on target to hit its overall growth target for 2015 of accounting for 25% of gross domestic product (GDP) in Malta.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules