ABN Amro's head of alternative investments, Gary Smith, is cautious on the outlook for hedge funds as the dollar falls and a Latin American debt crisis looms.
Smith said in the past there had been a high correlation between debt problems in emerging markets and fallout in the hedge funds industry, a reference to the collapse of LTCM following the late 1990s' emerging markets crisis.
He added that a weakening dollar was also a negative when many hedge funds were holders of US securities. 'At the m
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules