Announced by the UK government in November 2008 as part of its annual budget review, the Foot review was aimed at identifying “current and future risks in financial supervision, transparency and taxation” and assessing the impact of offshore centres on financial stability.
Issues being explored include how these centres are managing the effects of the economic downturn; what opportunities are likely to arise as global markets recover; whether more should be done to strengthen regulatory co-operat
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules