GAM has launched a specialist European hedge fund. It will be managed by John Bennett and specialise in small- and mid-cap European shares.
Bennett, head of GAM's European team and now the firm's Euroselect Hedge fund, said both long and short opportunities in Europe had arisen recently due to the 'enormous increase in near passive investing.'
Tracker funds buying into firms according to index weightings ' and regardless of those firms' future prospects ' produced undervalued and under-appreciated
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data