When your grandfather was educated at the heart of the USSR before returning to the US to head the Communist Party of America in the early 1930s, you can bet your family is used to putting up a good fight.
So standing up for what you believe - on the investment front among others - is nothing new to William Browder, who has retraced the steps of his grandfather, Earl Browder, to Moscow at least, where he is chief executive officer of the largest Russian equity hedge fund, Hermitage Capital Ma
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data