Seen as a good place for start-up hedge funds, Malta is looking attractive to larger managers keen to have an EU presence in a low-cost, friendly and accessible jurisdiction.
Finance minister Finance minister Tonio Fenech outlines Malta’s plans to grow financial services. Alternative fund development is a key part of the growth strategy.
Legal services: overview
As the financial services sector develops in Malta, the legal profession is keeping pace. Teams are expanding and lawyers
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data