For many years, Asia has been renowned for its exports - from cars to fireworks and electronic gizmos to stuffed animals of every stripe, color and size. But in the hedge fund universe Asia is doing the importing.
By importing corporate energy, individual talent and, of course, money, Asia is fast becoming "the place to be" for hedge funds and those that finance and service them.
asia's brain gain
Not a day passes that one does not see a story announcing some surge in Asian hedge fund interest.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data