Cayman’s legal profession has been busy dealing with the fallout caused by Gates and suspension of redemptions by hedge funds caught in difficult positions due to the financial crisis. Investors, increasingly frustrated with a lack of movement (and return of funds), have turned in some cases to the Cayman court for redress. This had led to a series of high-profile judgements that have sometimes, but not always, clarified the situation for investors and fund managers for the future.
One of the dec
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules