It wasn't difficult to spot Victor Niederhoffer in the crowded lobby of the posh New York restaurant. Beyond the sea of agitated men in grey business suits waiting to be seated for lunch, there was a figure dressed in a blazer and pink trousers - sat nonchalantly in the far corner. Whether you're talking about his demeanour, his career, his investment style, or even his play on the squash court, the man is truly singular.
Niederhoffer launched his current fund - which has around $100m of asse
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data