Perception is everything and the perception in Malta is that the country is nearing critical mass in the development of its funds sector. Talk with anyone involved in the hedge funds industry and things are booming. The talk is of an influx of alternative fund managers, management companies and redomiciliations as well as the setting-up of new funds.
The statistics show a vibrant sector, with overall alternative investment fund licensing picking up dramatically. However looking purely at the hedg
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules