As large European banks and financial houses establish more hedge fund products they are turning increasingly to Luxembourg. In turn the country is aggressively promoting what it has to offer and is in the process of tweaking laws to make it more streamlined for hedge funds using short-selling techniques to domicile in the Grand Duchy.
Furthermore this report discovered the Isle of Man and Guernsey have been quietly attracting more hedge funds while growth in the Cayman Islands, BVI, Bermuda and
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules