Former Fidelity US manager John Muresianu launched a hedge fund, Lyceum Capital, on 1 October. Although time will tell whether he will be successful, Muresianu has several traits, as well as a compelling track record that should ensure his success.
Muresianu prefers to short baskets of stocks as opposed to individual stocks as 60% to 70% of the move of an individual stock relates to sector factors.
He believes most managers lose money on their shorts and that stocks are prone to manipulation '
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules