A hotshot money manager with a proven track record. Investors lining up to give him money. Endorsements from all the right people. A "trust-me" response to questions about his strategy.
Does anyone remember Long-Term Capital Management (LTCM)? The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) ran a front-page profile recently of Eric Mindich, a graduate of Goldman Sachs's vaunted risk-arbitrage desk and founder of Eton Park Capital Management, a new hedge fund that holds the distinction of opening its doors with
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules