Several issues look likely to impact the accounting and auditing profession in Cayman. The biggest worry, according to Noel Reilly at PricewaterhouseCoopers, is the European Union’s alternative investment fund managers (AIFM) directive and the impact it could have on offshore fund products.
The rules as they now stand have the potential to restrict the distribution of offshore products within the EU. This is a particular problem for US hedge fund managers, particularly if they are unable to dist
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data