British pension fund managers display herd mentality sometimes 'to the point of illogicality' but they will eventually turn to hedge funds in greater numbers after a handful of leaders take the 'courageous first step' according to Man Group's chief executive.
Speaking with Hedge Funds Review, Stanley Fink said fear of standing out from the pack was 'more important than aspirations of excellence' for many UK pension fund managers, stopping them investing in hedge funds.
Fink added that another hin
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules