Prime Minister Lawrence Gonzi’s (pictured, left) enthusiasm and backing for the financial services sector remains strong. Since his re-election in March 2008, he has been working to make Malta a modern and dynamic European country.
Malta’s ambition to become a major financial centre in the Mediterranean and specifically a major player in the hedge fund world are coalescing into reality. The country is poised on the edge of success. While it still needs to attract some big name custodians and fund
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data