US long/short funds are performing well compared with their peers in other jurisdictions, but managers note the potential for war in Iraq poses a threat to capital preservation.
The overriding key to success in the current volatile market environment is disciplined risk management, according to Julian Wheeler, manager of Gulf International Bank's Falcon US Long/Short fund.
Wheeler has maintained the Falcon fund on a broadly neutral stance between long and short positions investing on the basis of
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data