Increased fund closures are signalling the lack of obvious investment opportunities in the markets, Jacob Schmidt, director of global hedge fund rating and research at Allenbridge Hedgeinfo, said.
The European Distressed Debt fund managed by Gary Klesch, which had $15m assets under management, went out of business recently due to heavy losses including exposure to WorldCom.
Schmidt said he expected more closures in distressed debt 'where risk management is less transparent.'
Henry Rourke, managing
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data