Hedge fund managers specialising in Russia and Eastern Europe are very positive on the outlook for Russia, with stock-specific stories as much as a macroeconomic backdrop fuelling their optimism.
Marina Akopian, partner at London's Hexam Capital and manager of the hedge fund boutique's EMEA Absolute Return Fund, says the growth ones sees in Russia is "still phenomenal", with the country now approaching that of China, in the rate of fixed investment in the economy.
Russian fixed investment gro
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data