Equity fund managers have traditionally sought the mid-cap sweet spot of markets as under-researched, more likely to be mis-valued and hence ripe with profitable opportunities.
However, some UK long/short hedge fund managers are tempering their enthusiasm and allocations to this middle ground on concerns about liquidity and some crowding in the market stratum by hedge and other managers.
David Yarrow, principal fund manager at Clareville Capital Partners LP, is one such manager in London. He s
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab