Hedge funds experienced a horrendous 2008. Hit by negative returns across most strategies, hedge fund managers saw record redemption requests by investors, with total industry assets under management (AUM) almost halving in the 12-month period to just $998.4 billion, according to California-based TrimTabs Investment Research.
Fund managers may have looked upon 2009 as a fresh start and an opportunity to regain their footing. The preliminary figures for hedge fund performance were certainly encou
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules