Factor investors are stressing caution amid one of the biggest shifts in factor performance in decades, from quality to value.
June to November saw the fourth-biggest reversal in relative performance since the 1980s between a long/short quality and long/short value strategy, according to research from Societe Generale.
But quant analysts and several factor investors say buy-siders should focus on diversifying, rather than slavishly following a rush into value.
"You always need something in the p
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data