The financial crisis and economic turmoil has had a profound impact on the price of oil, according to Wichai Turongpun, head of economics and research at Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (Apicorp). Turongpun is responsible for a wide range of economic and business research spanning macroeconomics, energy investment and risk assessment in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region.
He believes the greater risk attached to investment decisions in the region will continue to impact oil prices
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules