Icap plans to hire the Sydney-based interest rate-derivatives team at Prebon Group, a rival inter-dealer broker that was bought by Collins Stewart Tullett in October 2004.
The London-based financial services group had decided not to merge the two legacy trading teams. Details of the deal had not been released by mid-September.
The move is the latest development in Icap's efforts to rebuild its Australian operation after BGC Partners – the voice-brokerage unit of New York-based Cantor Fitzgeral
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules